Today I had a near death experience. No, nothing dramatic like a car accident or burning building. Nope, if I would have died, the news headlines would have read, "Woman dies from falling trunk. Reports say that husband has put off fixing said trunk on several occasions. Unfortunately wife pays the price".
We bought said car about 4 or so years ago knowing that it had been in a rear end accident. I guess if you buy it from friends, it's suppose to make it ok right? Nonetheless, we have this lovely hunk of junk on wheels and it has always had trunk issues. The trunk keeps coming unaligned and needs to be gingerly pushed back into place. Well, this last weekend dear hubby decides that while stopping for gas that he needed to hop up onto the trunk and jump up and down on it to "gingerly" wedge it back into place. That must have been the straw that broke the camels back (did I mention that my husband is Arab? INSERT LAUGH).
Fastforward to today when I was out and about running erands. I go to get out of the car and decided to grab something from the trunk before getting the kids out of the car, go to lift the trunk up and CRUNCH!! the right side of the trunk that is normally attached to something no longer is and I'm doing all I can to keep what feels like a 500 lbs slab of metal from falling on my feet. Talk about embarrassing! This happened right in front of this nice looking gentleman in a suit. Do you think he dropped what he was doing to help? No, of course not. As of today I officially declare chivalry dead.
I was eventually able to jam the trunk back into place and slam it shut. I called my dear hubby on the way home to tell him of my near death experience and all he had to say was, "I guess we have to get that fixed huh".
Perhaps the news headline should have read, "Wife kills husband with trunk after her narrow escape from death when trunk breaks lose from hinge. Reportedly husband has neglected his duties as mechanic of the household".
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment