Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mommy Brain

So what better way to start off then by telling about my misadventure in going to the grocery store the other day.

The day started out like any other day. A 7:00 am wake up call in the form of playful shrieks coming from the crib next to me. No need for an alarm anymore as my 5 month old is like clockwork. Unfortunately all that screaming most always wakes my 3 year old as well. So it's "mommy, I want cereal" and "Waaaaaa, change my diaper" all at the same time.

As the morning progressed I realized that among all the other things that I had to do that day, I didn't have any darn onions to cook dinner with. Now, anyone whose married to an Algerian knows that you can't cook a meal without onions.

So, after getting the kids dressed and ready, we hurried downstairs and into the car. Kids buckled in, "check"!, mom in the car and buckled in, "check"! I put the car in reverse and take off the emergency brake, "Why isn't the car moving", I say to myself. I look down and this is what I see.




I can't believe that I forgot to start the friggen car! Not only did I forget to start the car, I then realize that the keys are still sitting on the trunk where I left them as I buckled the kids into the car.

Another case of mommy brain or am I always this stupid. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! So do you keep your infant's crib in your bedroom then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, sure do. That's as close to co-sleeping as we get though. Plus the 3 year old would want to come in bed too and that's not happening.

    ReplyDelete