Thursday, January 15, 2009

I did it again!

This blog might very well end up as a tragic story of how one mom lost her mind. Mommy brain has struck again.

Today I decided that among the other errands that had to be ran, we would stop and get some lunch and take it to the local airfield to entertain my sons obsession with airplanes. Little did I know that the little white bag full of lunch would be my demise.

It's always pretty windy at the airfield so after sitting down at the bench I decided to put my cell phone in the bag to weigh it down. We watched about a handful of airplanes take off and land; about all I can take and we decide to leave. I pile the kids into the car and about two blocks from the house I decide to make a phone call. Hmmm, can't find my cellphone anywhere and I think to myself, "oh no you didn't just throw your phone in the trash". So I make a quick U-turn and head back to the airfield which is about a 10 minute drive. Of course when we got back to the airfield I noticed that it had gotten quite busy with families stopping off to watch the planes. I sit in my car for only a few seconds before deciding that my looking like a trash digger didn't outweigh the fact that I wasn't about to pay another 100 bucks to get a new phone.

So, I swallowed my pride and dug right in. I hope I gave all you plane watchers something to tell your family at the dinner table.

No comments:

Post a Comment